Sunday, March 30, 2014

Unusual;


A sure sign of spring, the lovely Iris,  and someone has a few of these beauties in their garden. 


Up for adoption. . . look at those eyes. . . how could you resist?    There was a delightful video on the Facebook page yesterday about cats and how they demand attention.   They just do not take no for an answer and will persist if you resist.  All of our animals need attention and the feel of your voice and hands in telling them how much you love them.


Speaking of faces, here is Joseph , friend Judy's grandson and she shares.  I get to be one of his great grandmothers.   He looks like he wants tot ell a story.   What a cutie. 


Easter will be here soon and before it gets here you might like an idea or two to make a few extra little gifts for friends and family.   This is a clever idea and looks like it might be an easy project and a fun one.  No, you do not get to eat the chocolates before or after. . . they go inside the egg.   Lent is not over until the sun shines on Easter morning. well maybe Easter Saturday when you get your windows washed inside and out.  I remember those days and the excitement of lent finally being over.

One more day to March and then we can look forward to April showers and May flowers.  We have had more than our share of showers this past week but we needed the rain and there really is no reason to complain.    There just isn't much we can do about the weather but enjoy it for what ever it brings.     I picked up a page turner at the thrift store yesterday, Dan Brown's "Deception Point", so I am hoping for another rainy day today. 
 
My neighbor Mary came over with a big hug and some time to take a look at the puzzle on the table.  She came in, looked at the puzzle and said, "Is that the same puzzle? . . . I would have tossed it by now."   But, she sat down and decided to hunt for a few pieces and was caught up in the chase.   Before she left she had found a half dozen pieces and decided the only way was to find one spot and look for that one piece to fit in, otherwise it was a lost cause.    She is a puzzle addict, like me, she'll be back.    I found two more pieces before I went to bed so I have high hopes, just don't want to die in despair.   

Enjoy your Sunday and share you with family today.    Maybe you can talk someone into helping you make some of those Easter eggs .    Enjoy some lunch together and have a snack tray.   Pat brought me over some elk sausage and it is one of the tastiest meats I have ever eaten.   I might get to like that 'wild' stuff yet.   Right now I am having some of the granola she makes.  Erin requested some and I got into the act as well.  Delicious.   Ask her for her recipe as it is fantastic.  All kinds of reasons to smile...so do it....hum a little, sing out loud if it pleases you, and don't forget hugs can make you smile.   Share some today.   Hugs to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment