Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Crabby!!!

Crab Pots . . . I'd like to have one of those filled to the brim and have someone  hand me a bowl filled with succulent crab meat....oh my what a treat that would be.   


An idea for next  gardening season.   I'd like some beds like that but much higher as once I got down to plant the seeds I would not be able to get back up again.    Smile!!! 

A truism for sure.    I remember being told to 'mind my tongue' and I did, and I am still 'running off at the mouth.'



A terrific picture of Mike Amacher and one of the horses.    The horse is a beauty.  He is a handsome man.  I really like that vest.  


I've been singing this tune since I bought Halloween candy I like and no one showed up to take it away.    Snickers and frozen Milky Ways....still have a taste that make the taste buds stand up and be counted.   Sad that the 'good stuff' is fattening, if only one tiny piece would satisfy . . . but. . . one leads to two and three and.......an inch in the waist line.

It is Hump Day, seems to get here faster every week.   I had a Skype visit with daughter Christine this morning and that is always fun.   She keeps very busy with her at home job and her Woman of the Year duties all around town.   She covered for a lady yesterday who was down with a 'bug' and took a troop of  boy scouts through the Gallery.   I bet they enjoyed that and probably a treat or two with the visit.   I always thought she would make a terrific teacher as she was and is a no nonsense gal.  The children would learn, that is for sure.   She chose a different path and is successful and is content .

Meanwhile, daughter Pat just popped in with the newspaper.  We get the newspaper twice a week.  she is baby sitting two dogs and has her own Emma and put all three in the car for a treat. So if  you see three doggy noses out a car window you will know who is out there sight seeing.   They are used to walking out every morning and with Jock off  hunting in the big storm country of  Wyoming , they are not getting their usual exercise.   The sad news is that Pat has been dropped from the program she was on and put back on Medicare.    It means a very hard road for her to walk.   It is Obama-care in action.   How the powers that be can bring in thousands of  illegals to fill the roles and deplete the system is beyond me.    We have thousands who through no fault of their own have  a degenerative disease that is slowly taking their life away and they are being shunted and dropped of  the only means of support.   Fair is hardly a word . . . unjust is a better fitting one.   I wrote to our Congressman,  did I get an answer....NO!!  Will I. . . NO. . . what I will get is an office friendly letter about some subject I could care less about.   Politics in action.

So today, I pray for patience.   Today I hope that you have patience.    Mid week, time to take stalk in what you have to complete in your 'laundry-list'  and get it done.    Don't forget to check with the Post Office and see if the Christmas stamps are out .  Last I heard they were on order.    Don't forget to look for a Hostess Gift if you are invited out for Thanksgiving dinner.    I found a very good Merlot, a California wine called "Twisted".  It received thirty gold medals.   A really good choice if you like a red wine.    Speaking of wine.  I made four wine cakes  yesterday so am including the recipe in case you want to make one for a Hostess gift.


WINE CAKE:  ONE BOX OF CAKE MIX WITH PUDDING;   2/3 CUP OF OIL;   FOUR EGGS;  3/4 CUP OF CREME OF SHERRY WINE.    MIX TOGETHER UNTIL SMOOTH.  BAKE IN LOAF PAN FOR 40-45 MINUTES;  OVEN 350 DEGREES.   SPRINKLE WITH POWDERED SUGAR.


Delicious, delightful and extra special served warm with champagne .  Try it you may find you like it.

Go . . . be good, be kind, be generous, be loving and don't forget  to smile with your eyes and pass out a bear hug or two.  Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment