Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sunday

One of those photographs where you can find all kinds of things if you study it long enough and use your imagination.I see a spider web, a butterfly, a big snake and a fat mouse.


Interesting days ahead.   Keep a watchful eye and ear.  

Yesterday was a fun day.  I had visitors.    My neighbor Joseph is a Seventh Day Adventist and he knocks on my door once a month on a Saturday morning, bringing a friend with him.   This time it was William who was the chief of our local Indians, a warm and caring man and so easy to like.   Its the smiling eyes, they get you every time.    A little later, Mary, Joe's wife, came over to check on the new puzzle on the table.  She's a good puzzle maker and seems to know just where those pieces are.    La Verne came in and joined us and tried to find some pieces but forgot her glasses so was having troubles  making the pieces match.    The puzzle is difficult at most as it seems to have a fitted piece only to find it really doesn't fit after all.   Once the piece is in you need a derrick to remove it.    It has a lot of dark area so I'll need all the help I can get.   Stop in, I'll let you out after you find ten pieces.

Pat came over with some salmon to cook up  so we marinated it for a bit, the put in a sweet potato to bake.   I didn't wrap it in foil, as I should have, so it leaked all over the oven floor.    Later,  when I  put the salmon in later to broil,  smoke billowed out of the oven and the fire detector made loud noises.  We rushed around opening doors and windows so the smoke was gone before it had a chance to fill the house.    No food was spoiled and we had our delicious dinner .   So now I believe in that old adage of things happen in threes.   First my neighbor Alice locked her oven  by mistake and could have had a nasty fire but breaking the circuit shut the electricity off and all was well in the end.   Then La Verne left a pot on her stove and forgot it and had lots of smoke damage which has taken a week to clean up by professionals.   Then last night my potato fiasco .    So the moral of the story is to be careful and pay attention to what you are doing in the kitchen these day s.  With the holidays coming up we will be spending more time in the kitchen baking and cooking.   So pay attention and don't turn your back on the stove.   
It is shopping day so I am off to the grocery store.    What to have, what to have. . .  for meals this week . . . I'll figure it out when I get there.     So happy shopping day if you go today.   Choose wisely and healthy.   Don't forget to smile at the clerks, they work very hard and put up with some crotchety folks along the way.    It really isn't their fault the prices are so high.    It shouldn't take long as we don't have to read labels as the law didn't pass this past election to let us know what is in our foods.   We take our chances and hope we survive the 'gmo' tactics.  Something to think about.  Right now I am curious as to why  the print size changed...I didn't do it.    I still have the complain to Google tab on the right of the computer...wonder if I should go there.....um....better not, I might lose the ability to get back to the starting point.    Go, make your  Sunday worthwhile...good deeds, bend the knees, grin a lot and don't forget a bear hug or two.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment