Friday, November 7, 2014

We Woke Up.

A truism.     When you get  to be a senior it becomes a day to day proposition.  So we know when we wake up and move that we have a new day to  celebrate.   We do every second of it.

I like this picture.   The map of America turned bright red . . . now if the news is out and we have spoken , both parties should put their shoulder to the problems and solve them one by one until we have our feet on the ground and our shoulders to the wheel;  just like the picture indicates.    We have work to do, so do not blink.  Keep a watchful eye on what is going on in Washington, D.C. as the future of our children and grandchildren is at  stake.    A budget is necessary and needed.   Big spending needs to shrivel and jobs need to come about so keep an eye open and we need to know who is going to show up as a strong and forceful leader.   Don't fall asleep at the wheel...pay attention.

Meanwhile, I hope you woke up to a bright and beautiful day, or even a colder and rainy day wouldn't be all bad, just so you spend your seconds doing all of the things  you have to do, want to do, and then have some fun .  There is a new puzzle on the table this morning and it is going to be a' doozy'.   If you are in my  neighborhood, stop in, I like helpers, just know you have to place the pieces back where you got them.   Yep, I'm organized . . .makes everyone crazy. 

They had opening day at the new Good Will store yesterday so maybe I'll get over there today and see what they have done with the old pharmacy.    My couch deal has fallen by the wayside twice now so maybe I'll see if they will come and get it.   It is a beauty and has a bed in it and the mattress is still in the original plastic, never been abused.   Some one will put it to good use.   Down sizing is a slow process.   You choose a piece to depart with and then look at it closely and tell yourself it is much to nice to do away with.   Of course, you wouldn't have bought it in the first place if you didn't 'love' it, or it was a gift from someone special and you treasure it. . . I am beginning to realize why folks don't bother to downsize and leave the choices to someone else in the family, someone not attached to every item.   But, I really am more realistic than that and I have already done away with a lot of dust collectors, books, and a few borrowed pictures have been returned.   So off I go to have my coffee and check around and see what I can do away with today.   Before I go, gather round and get your singing voice in order as I think Andrea is having a birthday today....am I right?   I hope so . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO  YOU.   HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ANDREA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.  I HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH SMALL MIRACLES.    

Hugs to all.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment