Saturday, August 2, 2014

A FEW PROMISED PICTURES FROM ROAD TRIP TO PORT ORCHARD, WASHINGTON


The horrendous picture puzzle we did for a couple of months that was almost impossible to do.  We did it and this is just one tiny corner.   Three pieces were missing in the end...a brand new puzzle.  No one admits to losing one or all of the pieces.  Probably stuck to someone's shirt as they walked out the door. 


As we started off our trip to visit Christine in Port Orchard, Washington, we followed this little old car on a trailer a good few miles up the road.    


We paid attention to road signs, weeds that grew into bushes and trees and never got lost along the way. 


The sky was always putting on a special show .  The fog was lifting and the sky was showing its colors. 


I knew John would love to stop here for some chowder.   We didn't but waited until we were hungry and ready for a dinner stop. 


We passed through Portland and I did get several pictures on the bridge as we went through. 


The beautiful lavender fields. 


Patricia having lavender icecream. 


The bird rest at the lavender farm.  They were cute, funny to watch and very busy. 


Sheila Mary came over to say hello , welcome us to Port Orchard and brought flowers from her garden for Christine and Pat and I to enjoy. 


Christine, so pensive, so wonderful and made our time with her so special. 


I looked out the window to see the sun setting;  such color; so beautiful, a very quiet time of day.

I took 98 pictures , some that looked much like the ones in "Pictures From A Moving Car" so I didn't put them on here.    I'll go back and recheck and see if I can cull out a few that I rambled on about in my blog about the trip.   It was a long session for Christine today to get the pictures to me.   But she did it and I am grateful.    

No comments:

Post a Comment