Saturday, August 16, 2014

Trees


I took the test and know I am a very ancient soul.   I already knew that . 


How they dated in the fifties;   we've come a long way from respect and innocence . 



This was on Facebook and I thought it was a good thought.   We take God out of our lives and what do we have left?  Nothing!! 


Imagine having no prayers, no hope, nothing to believe in.    


An attachment came in yesterday with trees from around the world and the beauty is striking.  Here are the first few starting with a gorgeous Wisteria , 144 years old.


Cherry Blossoms - Bonn, Germany 


Maple Tunnel. Portland, Oregon 


Dark Hedges, Ireland 


Dark Hedges, Ireland in daylight. 


125 year old Rhodendron .   What mine might look like if I stopped clipping.

Here it is Saturday morning and I wonder if you are out of bed yet.   I woke up at four a.m., not unusual for me, but no desire to stay put so I started the coffee pot, put on the television for the latest news and fired up the computer . . . and here I am.   Awake??? That's a maybe.   Ready to blog???  Always . . . well, maybe not always, only when the brain is awake and words flow . . . not this morning . . . I'm thinking I hope you all have a great day, soft breezes and cool temperatures.  I hope that you have plans for your day that include one good deed, a visit to a sick friend, a tiny gift for someone who feels a bit lost and lonely and a big smile for everyone you meet and greet today.   Go, enjoy your Saturday.  I am going to go and enjoy my coffee and maybe toast a piece of cinnamon bread.  Go!! Light up your world.   Hugs to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment