Monday, August 4, 2014

New/Old


Angie had her camera out in time to catch a whale going by 


up there in the Newport area.  Look at that fog bank waiting to come in. 


The first bus.  It looked more like a taxi.  I imagine it was the start of Greyhound. 


Time Square in the early nineteen hundreds  It is said if you stand in Time  Square long enough you will always meet  someone you know.   Maybe you have to go on New Year eve when all the crowds are there from all over the world.

the first atomic bomb around 1946 I think.


A truism .
A new week starting, four days of August already gone.   How was your weekend?  I hope you had a chance to rest and relax and do the things you love to do on a long summer weekend.    I spent a lot of time editing 'Valley Haven' which I hope to see in print soon.   It was fun to get on line with my daughter Christine and watch her make the computer come alive.  How I wish I could be more computer literate.  It  is amazing what you can accomplish.  I see an ad where they have one for grandmothers.  I wonder if I could use it.   Well, I could at least turn the button on and light the screen.  My problem seems to be in not learning the names of the different elements that go along with computers.   I can always name the screen, but then the rest is lost in or within the computer.  I know enough to be dangerous.
  
I hope your weekend was fun and you enjoyed yourselves and are now ready to take on your new week.   I'm off to make my coffee and wake up.   Chore day for me.   It's Monday . . . all day.   Go, wake up and see what kind of mischief you can get into.  I'll do my best to keep up with you.   Smile, it doesn't hurt a bit.    Share  YOU with those you love and don't forget one good deed today.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment