Friday, May 16, 2014

AGE - AWESOME


And at my birthday surprise  celebration yesterday, complete with balloons, a banner, surprise guests and food to burst the seams. 

We learn to walk, talk and find our way slowly but surely into our life story


As life goes on and on one second at a time. 
Part of a series of pictures you will be seeing in the next few blogs.    Words to live by and enjoy.   Yesterday I celebrated my 90ths birthday, a day and date I never thought I would see but here I am well sated with the love of family and friends.    I had the very first surprise birthday party of my life.    My children are 'sneaky' , secretive, didn't listen to a word I said when asked what I wanted to do for my birthday. . . . and I love each one of them with all my heart.   I had lovely gifts and a very special memory book I treasure.   Erin and Patricia worked hard on that surprise and it fills my heart with so much love an warmth.     The pictures brought back so many memories of life as I lived it.    Everyone should have a memory book.

It was so good to be surprised with the arrival of the birthday group: Peat and Darlene with a yellow rose bush ready to plant in the garden;    Sue with an orchard plant that is deep purple and so beautiful and delicate;   Dee the pie baker supreme came with my favorite coconut cream pie; strawberry short cake  from her Tea Room.  She just added a few extra deserts to her early morning work out.   Marcia C. brought love and laughter to the group, lots of hugs and kisses and the loveliest glass bird that absorbs the sunlight and brightens the night.   Marcia F. took time out from her busy schedule and came with hugs and a lovely card.   Jock came early to help Pat do the cooking of the ribs and the most delectable springer salmon and made it all taste so good.   The table was set with bowls of salad and tabbouleh, baked potatoes, enough to feed an entire platoon.  Everyone admired the Memory Book and did note that I was once very young . . . smile.  

I'm off to have my children together one more day.  All I can tell you is do not be afraid of birthdays;  celebrate each and every one as long as you can.    It is not the 'age', that is only a number;  it is the love and laughter of family and friends that is the most important part of any birthday.    Granddaughter Erin couldn't be here but her spirit hovered over me in a very compact and wonderful memory book.   

Last but not by far the least are the wonderful assortment of birthday wishes that came all week.   I thank each and every one of you for the verbal hugs.    I am off to have my coffee, wake up and get on with the start of a brand new year.   Age comes with wisdom we are told;   that may be truer than you realize.  Just take one day as it comes, do not waste your seconds and be sure you celebrate YOUR day when it gets here.  So today I am falling off of my Queen For A Day Throne and getting back to normal.  I will show pictures when and if I get some from the camera bugs that were snapping pictures like the paparazzi . . . then, I'll give you a break from the miracle of birthdays.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment