Wednesday, May 21, 2014

News

Granddaughter Erin with Jeremy.  Some new Peace Corps folks have arrived.


Erin and two new friends.  She is teaching a class today.


Owen, Paula's grandson, is showing off his smile and the first of many empty spaces.  He intends to keep the tooth fairy busy this year.    


Bald heads for a cause;  handsome, every one of them. 


I had no idea.   Think of all the times I could have eaten off of a plate rather than out of the box.   It tastes good either way but what a great idea, clever.  I'll have to have Pat take us out for Chinese so I can see if it really works.    I may get it open but I am not sure about getting back to its original shape.   Let's all try it.

Hump Day and the ride down from Coos Bay yesterday was really lovely.   There were calendar pictures all the way and of course my camera was home.   The ocean glistened in the sunlight , the water the color of summer as it lay smooth as silk, not a white cap showing until the wind picked up and then it turned into a deeper blue with white caps everywhere.   It was low tide and the huge rocks, the size of a mountain, showed their base.  Fishing boats were out, and way off on the horizon was the huge fog bank slowly making its way towards land. 
  It was good to unlock the door and walk into my quiet home.   There was work to be done, a suit case to empty, laundry to do, coffee pot to start and plants to water.   You would think I had been gone for weeks instead of a couple of days.  Off went the shoes, on went the radio and 'my' music sounded so good.   I changed the beds as there are two ladies coming for the weekend.  Sheila is sending me two ladies from Denmark as they are passing through Brookings and she thought they would enjoy a stop here with me.    It should be interesting meeting two twenty year old young ladies.  I'll be back with a tale to tell.

I hope your day is going to be bright and sunny and you take the time to 'smell the roses'.    Be kind, be gentle, and don't forget one good deed today.    You have plenty of reasons to light a candle and don't forget our veterans who are in such need.   The latest scandals should bring about change and help for each one of them.    The coffee pot awaits, see you later gater, smile a sunshine smile today.  Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment