Thursday, May 22, 2014

Angie


Remember that when you think there is little or nothing to look forward to;  dream;   it has to be a door way to successful living. . . hugs and smiles;  smiles and hugs . . . sharing. . . caring. 


some folks find this out the hard way so don't be shy.  It is okay to believe, in fact it is the one thing in life that can keep you going...faith, hope, charity and love and hugs. 


Even the lowly dandelion has beauty all its own. 


The sails unfurl  and the tall ship is ready for an excursion in the river in Coos Bay, Oregon 


Here she is, Angie.  You know she would be first to get a ticket and a ride on the tall ship.   She has a zest for living and a positive attitude about life and living.    She wrote that it was a wonderful ride and she did jump when they shot the cannon off. 


Mac and Quiso. Angie's pets she calls love puppies.    So content, such fun.

Here we are Thursday all day, sun is shining and Memorial Day weekend is about to start.  There will be a parade up town; a library book sale;   the Garden Club plant sale;    all kinds of activities at the Port and visitors crowding the town as they take advantage of the beaches and even a fishing trip or two.   It should be a fun weekend.

Meanwhile there are chores to finish and a sprinkle of water for the outside plants.   We have a drought going, not a huge one, but enough to be reminded to take good care of our water usage this summer.   I will probably water the larger areas once a week and take a watering can to the plants if they begin to shrivel.   I have a new rose bush and a couple of other small plants that are new and some baby tears to take care of.  I want them to spread and cover the bald spots in front of the house.   This past winter was hard on the gardens and I lost several of the colorful bushes.   The one I miss the most is the Rose of Sharon that was so big and beautiful out front.  Folks used to stop their car to take a better peek at it.   I'll have to keep an eye open for another one.   

The empty nest survives as the family members have taken to the road and gotten home safe and sound.  Back to work and enjoying their familiar.    Jock has taken his boat out and hopefully catches more salmon which I hope he intends to grill on Pat's grill.   We are so spoiled.   I hope you spoil your family members today and every day and they reciprocate and show you lots of love for your caring and sharing.   We are lucky to have family  to share our love and good times with.   I was in the market yesterday and taking my time reading labels when an elderly gentleman stood quietly waiting for me to move so he could get to the cooking oil that I was standing in front of.    I apologized for taking so long and moved so he could get the item he wanted.  He smiled with the softest brown eyes and said it was okay, then added that he just buried his wife the other day after sixty six years of marriage and wished he had been able to go along with her.   My heart stopped;  I wanted  to hug him but all I could do was to touch his arm and tell him I was sad and sorry to hear his news.    Right then and there I wanted to adopt him.    One never knows who or what will enfold in a day .   So be kind, be gentle and share your love and laughter, smiles and hugs with those you have the pleasure of meeting today.    Start with your family, add your friends, and do include a stranger or two.  Some folks are hurting and could use even a light touch.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment