Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Out and About


There are wonderful folks about as one unknown person in a neighborhood placed a tiny flag on his or her neighbors property to honor the veterans on Memorial Day.  We could all use a neighbor like that.   A life smile, a good deed. 


Son Michael is busy getting a float ready for the big doings in June up there in Gardnerville, Nevada.   His brother John wants to know if it is going to be a saloon and a jail and who rides in front or back.   The theme is old west so it is probably going to be filled with merry makers both ends. 


Over in Guyana granddaughter Erin is showing off some of her new friends.   Erin has been very busy teaching sign language and has several classes lined up.    She is excited as Donaleo is going to visit her this coming month.   We all wish we were going along with him.   


Mr. President is its name.   The National Geographic photographers had to stack 126 photographs to get a picture of the entire tree.   A giant sequoias some 3200 years old and 247 feet tall.   Imagine standing at the bottom of that tree and looking up . . . wow!!

A new week, ending the month of May, No fog this morning, the sun is up and shining brightly so it looks like a walk out this morning or I may work out in the garage getting ready for our July yard sale.  I have been working at down sizing and all those trinkets have to go.    It is a losing battle though as I took down several of my pictures  thinking I would enjoy some blank spaces on the wall for a change only to be given two new pictures.    Christine brought me a beautiful picture of the lavender fields, reminding me of a trip we took last year.   She won a large picture of beautiful daisies and it takes up half a wall.  It is like selecting books to go in the sale, only to stop at a  yard sale and find some hard backs on sale for ten cents so I have seven new books replacing those that I just put out for the upcoming sale.    Maybe I'll have these read and can add them to the pile.   My organized mess, can't live without it, but I intend to try.
 
Take time to look for some sunshine spots in your day.    Take your hugs out the door and look for some likely targets.    Open your mouth and let some loving words come out.    Smile with your eyes which makes kind words flow from your mouth.    Be a Martha Raye and shout out those three little words . . . I love you . . . and I do, go have the rest of the day to yourself.    Hugs to all.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment