Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday Mid May

I hope Hillary thinks twice about running for President.  I think she has already hit retirement age and she has had much more of the limelight than she needs.    Hopefully her last efforts prove her undoing. 

Not that I would.    I'd be kind and gentle but would laugh at your jokes. 
Jock may go fishing today.   I wish he were going out for a ling cod. 

Friend Angie did go fishing and caught a big one. 


Here is a huge ling cod in case you haven't seen one.    This fish has light green flesh that is more than delicious.    A treat.    


I need to have a spoon like this when it comes to desert time.    A spoon with a hole in the middle.   Pat and Chris have a date to make a carrot cake for my birthday.   Pat makes a delicious one and Chris says she has the better recipe.  We are to find out as she is going to make one this week.    I'll let you know and I wont have a spoon with a hole in it.

 


Erin sent a few new pictures.   She looks great.  I think this is one of her deaf students.   There was no caption.    Hopefully we will get a few words telling us more of what she is doing.   I know she has been giving a lot of input to a summer camp idea.    She is also going to teach a couple of classes.   She has one that is more than difficult as she is to teach children who have never heard the spoken word so have no concept of sound at all.  Much like the story of Helen Keller.   She will find a way to reach them and open up a bit of the world for them.  It is hard to imagine a world of silence.

I hope you all enjoyed Mothers Day and were treated royally.  I was, as I was taken out to breakfast at The Blue Water restaurant and had my biscuit and gravy along with a very delicious sausage link and a single serving of scrambled egg.   Jock and Pat planted some baby tears in my front area where the plants have been removed.   The resident deer tromp through and the neighborhood cats think they have complete access to a new large little box.    Hopefully the baby tears will spread quickly.  I also got two beautiful roses from Jock's garden which are truly beautiful.   Talk about hugs . . . Christine sent a basket of plants along with a box of chocolates which found their way open quickly and seem to be disappearing . . .wonder where they went.   John and Jo sent fresh flowers of tulips and Iris.   They are opening up this morning and look very beautiful on the dining room credenza.  Mike sent funny cards reminding me I have no favorite children but he is the 'baby' and special.  He is too.   I have always had five favorites with no intention of changing my tune.    It is so very nice to be liked as well as loved.   So today, spread a bit of love around, make your day special just like YOU.  Hugs to all. 
.    

No comments:

Post a Comment