Friday, May 2, 2014

SUNDAY MAY FOURTH

Lake Tahoe, Angie visited and figured she would take a few pictures of her old stomping grounds.  she loves her new place, living near the ocean up in Newport, Oregon, but she has a few pangs of missing the lovely lake that takes your breath away.


Angie took this picture of lake Tahoe, Emerald Bay and Falling Leaf Lake.  Great Shot.   I still miss Nevada and its beauty.


I remember a story and a song about "The trail of the Lonesome Pine",  This picture reminded me of it.    some trees stay within their bounds but this one, aha, knows no bounds.   it is much like a whirling dervish spinning to its own tune. 


Here is a great idea for a summer back yard picnic when you want to keep the drinks cold.  Not everyone has a big ice chest or a big barrel or bucket.   Great idea as long as the laundry is done. 


I was glad to see this idea in case we lose power.  Never thought of it.  Not sure about it though.   Guess I'll have to experiment and see if it works.  Looks like one would need a big wide candle or a drip bucket handy. 




How come I never thought of that.     Um . . .  maybe I'll fly up to visit Christine next time.


   
Here it is Sunday morning and I am almost awake.    We had a disappointing yard sale yesterday as it threatened rain all day and then when the sun came out for a minute it brought along a big wind and that is not good for yard sales.    The folks that came were not in a buying mood, maybe they got to our sale when they were tired an broke.   We did okay, but no where near what we hoped for.  A clean garage would have been a blessing.  Now we have to decide when and if we will hold another sale some months down the road or whether we will call the local thrift store to come and take it all away.  There really are some lovely pieces hanging around but no home has been found for them yet.  We worked hard and met some nice folks.   Some had been to dozens of sales and we had a few compliments on our sale, all to the good.    Pat and I went out for a Chinese dinner and were happy to put our feet up for the rest of the evening.   

We are being treated to an early birthday dinner today.  Jock is coming in to cook up that huge springer he caught yesterday.    Pat and I both have May birthdays  and he is pretty special to include me too.    Did you go to a yard sale?  Hope so and hope you found a treasure or two.   I did get some books, you know, the ones I said I wouldn't buy again as I had more than I can read in my lifetime. . . but . . . a book is a book and reading is joyous so now I have my summer reads stacked and waiting for me to pull up my chair in the sunshine and read some summer hours away.    If you need a book you now where to go;  I'll share.   

Have a restful Sunday and take time to contact a family member, a friend, a neighbor, someone you care about and let them know that it is a joy to know them and to love them.    Don't forget smile with your eyes and don't be afraid of a walk in hug.  Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment