Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mornin!


Clever picture when the photographer could see a likeness between a lawn faucet and a crane.   They do look alike; wonder if the Crane is thinking "I wish I were that thin" 


Reminds me that spring chores have yet to be done.     


A very unusual picture that Angie found to share.   The sun was peeking through an opening under the pier.    Makes me think that is good to be in the right placer and the right time.  What a terrific shot. 


A good idea.  Isn't there an old adage about 'many hands...'   or ;the more the merrier'  of 'be careful of the company you keep'?

Here it is Thursday already.    Get ready for your weekend.    Our weather is cold and threatening but mostly high winds so working out in the gardens is not an option.    I found a Clive Cussler book so was not unhappy.   It was a quiet day and we can always use one of those.    Patricia celebrated her birthday and had a ball although she wasn't quite sure becoming an official senior citizen was anything she planned.  I cooked her favorite omelet with some elk sausage and toast and forgot to put on a few of those big red strawberries.   .  

   We have kept busy packing up the leftovers from our last garage sale and are planning a 'final' one over here in this garage for the Fourth of July weekend.    It is a lot of hauling and packing and we will have to set up tables and unpack but hopefully we will get rid of all our treasures and not start collecting again.   I had one lovely large vase and a couple of bud vases and that should have been enough but was it? Nope!   I think my last count was fifteen.   They are all beautiful but dust collectors and who wants or needs that many vases.   I just had a thought that I should have taken pictures of them for you to see.   If I remember when I unpack them for the sale, I'll take a picture and show you.    So far five have been spoken for.  
Next are pictures and I have walls covered.  Each item whether a glass object or a picture has brought life, love and laughter to my  home.    I am down sizing but have a long way to go.   Yesterday I shredded paper; an endless job.   Then to tackle books which I hate to part with.    I can understand why my daughter Christine collects books of all kinds.  They make a house a home and they tempt you away from the mundane to hours of excitement and adventures.   So take time to read and relax.  Take time to take yourself away to the romance of love and travel; mystery and mayhem.  If the sun is shining and you have time, grab a book and get out there in your garden area and leave all stress behind.    Meanwhile don't forget one good deed a day;   smile with your eyes so folks know you care and don't forget a hug or two.  Make today special, just like YOU.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment