Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Age


Yep, I'm old school .  a lot of folks agree as this was on Facebook yesterday.


Low tide, a walk around the big rocks and a good look at the barnacles. 


Do you know that you really keep this feeling as you age.    

A truism.


Oh it has its ups and downs but for the most part there are always reasons to make one giggle, laugh out loud. especially when  you have family and friends to spend your seconds with.    


A Fall photograph of Mt. Hood and the pear trees.   Lovely to look at and those pears are delightful to taste.   Harry and David fill thousands of orders every holiday season.   I've had some of the Washington pears and they really are delicious.

Hump Day and we are heading for a second day of rain.  It poured yesterday leaving about two inches of rain here in Brookings.     Looked good and felt better.   I think we are in for another day or two of rain so maybe the season is back and we can relax as some of our folks have had a problem with drinking water.  When the rivers get low from lack of rain, the ocean tries to reclaim it and the drinking water becomes salty .   My tap water comes from a different area so I have not had a problem.   I had lunch at one of the restaurants at the Port last week and they served a glass of water which had the salty taste, unusual and not something you can acquire a taste for.   I should have suggested some lemon or vodka. 

I'm off to have my coffee and wake up.   As you know I have been down sizing, trying to get ahead of all of the 'things' I have added to my living quarters . . . my home is becoming unbalanced and is losing 'my' look.  The pictures on the living room wall are exchanged for different sizes and shapes and don't look too bad, just different.   The vases are almost gone so the color is missing.   My solid oak bed has been advertised and spoken for, may be gone before the month is over.   So everything is coming along slowly and surely so when the time comes to make a move I'll be ready.  So as a reminder of my 'junk' collector family and friends, look around now and see what is superfluous.   Everything has value, a treasure, a knick-knack, a dust collector, but makes a house a home.   We just don't need to own it all forever, besides just think of the fun of finding new and different as you go on to a 'new look'  . . . now to decide what kind of a new look .   Simple comes to mind, I'm much too old to keep up with all that dusting.   

Have a fun day, go and buy some of the bags of candy and get ready for Halloween.   I bought one small bag and put the candy in my candy dish and you know for one reason or another it  has disappeared, can't think of where it  all went , oh dear, guess I'll have to get some more and not open it.  

Thanks for the hugs . . . hope you filled your quota.    Don't forget one good deed for the day, be a merry sunshine and shine.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment