Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Good Morning

Here it is Tuesday, the 21st day of October and the month is flying by.   I ran out of pictures in my picture library this morning.  I had a few I had not used  up as yet, but they are all political and I am not sure I like the tone of some.  The political cartoons that make true fun of the politicians are good to share as they follow the path and thinking of the foolishness or the biased opinions of some.  Just gives us a leg up and keeps us apprised of what is going on.  Meanwhile,  I haven't been out for walks as the rains returned this week, so the camera stays in its case.   Not much going on anyway.   I think the 'mill' is going to build something on the big empty field they own but no one has heard any rumors as to what it might be.  

For those of you who love to read, I hope you will give Ken Follett's new Trilogy a chance, so far the first two have been well done.   There was a couple of pages about how the atom bomb came about which I found fascinating.   Unbelievable.   The rivalry between the United States and Russia, which, by the way, is still on going.  Now to find the third book and finish the stories.  I am waiting for a sale as the price on the last one was over thirty dollars, inflation at its best .

When my niece, Mary Beth, was here from Rhode Island she made some Cascadias, not sure of the spelling although I think a 'qu' is used, really delicious Mexican tortillas with chicken and vegetables, and salsa, and sour crème, and avocado. . .  YUM,  and, I made some that were delicious, good enough to make again.  

So if you have a rainy day, head for the kitchen and become 'creative';   make a special dish only you can make.   Weather is changing so it is time to take out your favorite soup recipes.   Baking weather coming up and that is always a special time of year. Stay busy, healthy and happy .  Be content.   Be wise.   Be gentle and kind.  Just be YOU.  Hugs to all.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment