Friday, October 17, 2014

OOH Look!

A cricket, never thought I'd say a cricket was beautiful but this one is.  Look at that color and the silver crown, a real oddity Jennifer found in her garage the other day.


I heard from Sue and received this picture of her daughter Hillary and husband with the smallest members of the family.  My pen pal of over sixty years was the grandmother  and great grandmother of this beautiful group . . . cousins. . . family. . . love.  How proud she would have been and I'd be receiving letters with glowing reports on each one.


Bob and Andrea always have a project going.   Bob finished the valances and this one has lights, how lovely and what a tremendous job.   What a view!


When Bob and Andy finished up working so hard they took a day or two to go hiking and chose Sedona to do it.  Arizona at is best.   Red rock, ancient tree, a sunshine day , fun in the sun and that is the way it should be.     


Another rock they passed by.   Study  this picture for awhile and I am sure you can find a lot of hidden art.  I see camels, a pharaoh, a lyre  a bit of Egypt left behind in Arizona territory.

Donaleo came to visit me yesterday and I got out my travel books.  He has traveled the world yet has not had the opportunity to get to Ireland and that was my very first trip overseas.   It was back in 1998 and it has probably changed a lot over there but my pictures, although taken with a very old type camera, were still  seeable and showed all of the places I had visited.  He sat and read my words and laughed and enjoyed the trip and I did too.   I have three other books with words and pictures as I was lucky enough to get to the Heart of Europe and to return for an England, Scotland and Ireland trip which was my last one.  I would have gone again as I have always wanted to see Rome but the feet gave out and it takes so long to save money for the trips.  Not complaining, I was lucky I got to go and see all I did.  He intends to come back over and enjoy a memory trip with me all over again, this time we will take the Inland Passage to Alaska, he hasn't been there  yet .   .  I hope when you go on vacations and have travels to your favorite places,  you take time to snap pictures and then write up your daily experiences.  It is fun to relive a happy time in your life and share it with those you love.   If  you have a strong desire to travel, don't wait, go while you have good health and especially good feet.   
 
We may have some more rain today and that is fine with me.   My yellow mums are popping out and should be beautiful.   I might even take a picture of them.   Go, be bright and beautiful today;  share YOU with family and friends.   Kisses and Bear Hugs . . . share . . . I'll be waiting, first in line . . . Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment