Thursday, October 16, 2014

Beauties

How true, how wonderful, how we miss those who have moved on and how much we love the new friends who come into our lives... how lucky we are!


Meet the new pup granddaughter Amy is holding.   I am waiting to meet both of them.  Cuties, you have to admit.


Remember orchids?   Here is a grouping the Orchid folks came up with. 


and now we know. 

A bike trail here in Oregon.  Looks like a winner.   Wish I could ride a bike again, but you need balance for that and mine has begun to disappear.

Thursday all day, hopefully a good day to entertain Erin and Donaleo who arrived last evening.  They had a sunshine ride up from San Francisco and enjoyed the views.   Both look terrific and Donaleo laughs a lot when I get to talking.  The Boston accent, which I think I lost, seems to be right out there in his ears.   He isn't used to my  'speech' and gets a big grin on his face, if not a big outward laugh.  A few of my expressions, which he never heard, has him thinking of a pen and paper to keep track of them.   I am a comedian, I didn't know that.   They are coming back today to read my travel stories and look at the pictures.  They have traveled extensively but not to where I did, so they should find it interesting and maybe make plans to visit some of those places later.  Oh to have the money and the youth to go visit all the different beautiful historical spots in our world, and the people who live so differently than we do.  So put on your thinking cap, save your pennies and buy a ticket to some place you have always wanted to see.  Don't wait until 'someday' as that never does get here.   Make a plan, and go. . . but meanwhile don't forget one good deed today, someone needs your attention for a second or two.  Smile with your eyes and open up those arms, bear hugs make you strong!  Hugs to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment