Monday, October 6, 2014

Downsize


Sheila loves Halloween, flowers, and has a great  talent and imagination.   I'd like to be on her gift list.  she is making flower arrangements for her office.    


A truism. 


Another truism or just an excuse not to give up all the goodies.  


Speaking of goodies, this is what Angie did with that crab she caught.   She even made a big fish stew.  I wish I could have taken her up on her invitation to dinner.   She used all of her fresh garden produce as well.  Smart young lady...and very talented.

If you were in Port Orchard you could be at the Market.  Looks like a fun place to visit.

The start of a new week.   We are hovering about seventy in the day time but not this early in the morning, it is cold in here where I am sitting.  I have the window open a little so I am feeling a cold breeze. I think I'll go around and open some windows and let the cool in as we are due for another summer day today.  It  really is October but we haven't caught up with Fall  yet .   I am taking advantage of Fall house cleaning though, as I redid the pantry shelves yesterday.  It is amazing how the organized shelves become disorganized and you can't find any thing when you want it.   It also tells me it is time to restock on some items so you don't run out.   There is more to do, housework is never ending, we all know that.   I keep ignoring the closets and did attack the dining room cupboard with shelves of keepers;  glass plates and objects of beauty that please the eye and help decorate the house during the holiday seasons.  I gave back the beautiful red plates I used at Christmas time, two lovely glass pieces that are so beautiful just  to look at but spectacular when filled with tasty treats.   Yeah, downsizing slowly and it has its sad moments you just do not expect.   How to pick and choose what to keep.  How to decide on what pictures to take down.  But maudlin is not for me;  things are things; I can replace some if I want to or I can have a much neater place without  'stuff'  or I can keep them all . . . but the act of downsizing itself means to get rid of all the extra baggage we carry . . . for the moment  . . . we can always start all over again.  Yard sale, anyone?    When I resettle it will give me something to do.    Now if we could downsize the baggage we carry in our minds that would be something of a project that would be very worth while.  Maybe we should think about that and try it  out.   Think of the space you would gain and the new 'stuff'  you could cram in.   Let's work on making 'life a bowl of berries' and enjoy one at a time.    Start today, one good deed, exercise, eat well, finish a project or two then hug everyone you meet today and give them reason to smile.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment