Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Heaven

The stacks at  Brookings, Oregon

Say a prayer my daughter Eileen and Pa.  Eileen was born on Pa's birthday.  They both passed on in the month of June, so maybe there is a special connection between these two souls.  I'd like to think that Pa is taking good care of her, just like he did me.

Yeah! And my coffee is brewing, so I think I'll go fill up my cup and wake up.

Not yet, but soon.  Hang in there.

Hump Day!!  For those of you who decorate for Halloween, be careful when you use the real pumpkins as son John tells me the squirrels are eating those he has on his doorstep.  He has tried putting some hot pepper on them hoping to save them but the squirrels just eat around It and have a feast.   I didn't know squirrels liked pumpkin.  I thought they were fond of nuts.   Meanwhile here in Brookings, I went out to pour the rain water out of the flower pots only to discover those 'meal bugs' had taken up residence under the flower pots.   Ugly little beasts that multiply while you move the pots.   I think they are called grubs.  I thought they loved dirt and rocks as they are all over the gardens. I'll have to find out what they do not like.   I think the spiders have taken over this year, webs everywhere.   I guess we finally realize or beautiful gardens draw all kinds of pests, we just don't know what good or bad they do, or at least I don't .  The webs are intricate and beautiful and I hate to destroy them but a brown recluse can do a lot of damage and a black widow can be lethal.   A prime example of the good and the bad.  So, today don't be bad, be good.  Find someone to hug today and make their day bright and beautiful just like YOU.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment