Saturday, October 4, 2014

Good morning


Another of Mother Nature's beauties.    Guess I should look at  a  moth  more closely instead of rolling up a paper and swatting it.

Four days of October already gone and it is like summer weather here in Brookings.   We were eighty degrees yesterday, beautiful, and more coming this week.  I am not complaining!

How did you like the pictures of the puzzle I just finished?   It really was very colorful and fun to do.

I had my annual check up yesterday and do not have to go back for another year.  Being active and a walker all my life has kept me in good stead.   The body slowly breaks down on its own and there is little or nothing that can be done for the normal routine of living.   So unless you are in real pain there is little or nothing that changes quickly.   You begin to realize that if you were going to live so long you would have and could have taken much better care of this wonderful machine called the body.   So it is never to late to start to take care of YOU.   Start today with a mission of working on YOU.   Cut down, but not out . . . exercise more to keep the muscles strong.   Losing five pounds made the doctor smile, now he thinks I should lose five more, so less sugar, salt and starch but not before I have blueberry pancakes for breakfast this morning.  I'll start next week in watching my intake, and I may use my walker more to walk the aisles at Fred Meyers store.  If you are close by, come join me, it is always more fun when you have company.  So good health to each one of you . . .  keep a positive attitude, smile with your eyes and don't forget bear hugs are really exercise.   Hugs to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment